As you all know Taegan started Kindergarten last week, and she loves it. Every day when she would come home I would ask her who she played with or what she learned and some of her answers were just too funny not to share. The first day she came home and I asked who she played with at school and she said, "oh, I played with my best friend". So then I asked her what her best friend's name was and she said, "I don't know she didn't tell me".
Then the next day I asked what she had learned at school and she said, "mom, I can't believe it, my teacher doesn't teach me anything, all she does is read books". She was quite disgusted with her teacher that day.
Thursday I asked her again who she played with, and before she could even answer Tylee said she saw her at recess on the swing and there was two little boys taking turns pushing her. Then she said that one of them was brown and one of them was white. Taegan got so mad at her and yelled "no, one was black and one was white". So then I had to explain to the both of them that the color of the boys did not matter, and that its okay to play with everyone no matter what color their skin is. Toni and Tori of course are cracking up laughing and just thought it was so funny. I guess Tylee and Taegan are just at that age where they notice that everybody doesn't have the same color of skin.
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
that's funny. ethan starts school next week. he's like taegan where he'll play with anyone around and never find out what their name it. :)
Post a Comment