I went into Tori's room the other night to tell her goodnight and she was studying for her archery test. They get to shoot a bow and arrow in P.E. if they pass their test. I think she liked the idea of shooting a bow but I also thinks she is trying to get straight A's on her report card. I promised the girls they would get $50.00 for every report card that comes home with straight A's. It's not as much as they would like but with four girls and 4 report cards each per year it adds up quick. Also, I don't pay anything for any other grades it has to be all A's or they get nothing. It makes them try harder, if they knew they were going to get money for other grades they wouldn't try as hard. She has been studying for every test she has taken and she realizes that when she studies, she get A's on her tests. I am very proud of how hard she is trying. She had this whole diagram she drew out on her white board and she would write in the names of all the parts of the bow and then write in all the part names on the arrow then she would erase the names and do it again. She did that over and over again until she knew every one of them. Now if we can get Toni to study that hard, I think she is too into boys to think about studying. Good thing is, she does really well in school or I would be making her study.
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






1 comment:
good job, tori. that's awesome that she thought of doing that herself. did you mean $50 for a straight A report card? that sounds like alot to me. very generous. now they'll all be coming home with that. :)
Post a Comment