Thursday, November 20, 2008

Toni's Volleyball Banquet

Toni got the most improved award which she hates getting. She says that is the award that people get when they are not quite the best but the coaches feel like they need to give them something. Not everybody got an award and for her first year playing I think that's pretty good, they aren't going to give her the MVP when they had girls that have played on the same team for 3 years. She doesn't want to just be good at something, she wants to be the best.
She looks so enthused.

2 comments:

Karrie said...

Does she also get straight "A's"? It's an illness, that perfectionism... LOL. I got that award the first year I played tennis, and I thought it was lame at first too. Then I looked back and thought maybe I really DID improve. Oh, and tell her at least she didn't get "Most Determined"... talk about humiliating. Not good, not improved, just determined, no matter how terrible you are...

Kaptured by Koren said...

good for her. she should be proud of it. it's always good to get a trophy, i know i always liked it. one year i got the "coach's award". what's that? that you're just the coach's favorite? oh, well. :) good job toni!